VILLA SPALLETTI TRIVELLI, SANT’ILARIO D’ENZA (RE)

The Spalletti family, a family of merchants since 1500 from Canton Ticino, with the Aquisgrana Treaty in 1748 exploited the European peace and started commercial relationship with the southern regions of the Hasburg empire. The family bought lands in the area of Mantova and Reggio Emilia, and participated actively in[…]

Read More

VILLA TOTTI, MUTIGLIANO (LU)

Villa Totti draws its name from an influential family of Lucca that dates back to the medieval times. The Villa is located in Mutigliano, a hamlet of Lucca situated 5km from the city walls on the Street that leads to Camaiore, going through Montemagno.The villa was built in the XVI[…]

Read More

VILLA TRABIA, BAGHERIA (PA)

Villa Trabia was built by Michele Gravina, prince of Comitini, in mid-1700s, following the project of the architect, Abbot Nicolò Palma. The Villa was then bought by the prince Pietro Lanza di Trabia, who, in 1890, restored the villa modifying its original aspect. The current neoclassical structure of the villa[…]

Read More

VILLA TROUBETSKOY, MOGLIANO VENETO (TV)

Villa Troubetskoy is a 17th century house situated in the Venetian countryside. The villa was owned by the descendants of Tsar Nicholas I, and its links to the tsarist Russia are evident in its furnishings and splendid decorations. The villa is composed of several living rooms and dining rooms and its quiet atmosphere makes[…]

Read More

VILLA VALVITIANO, PERUGIA

Villa Valvitano is composed by the main body that dates back to the early 19th century and the “limonaia” that was built in the late 18th century.  The house built by the Contestabile della Straffa family as countryside house has become then property of the Bonucci Piccolomini family and finally[…]

Read More

VILLA VITALBA LURANI CERNUSCHI, ALMENNO SAN SALVATORE (BG)

Villa Vitalba Lurani Cernuschi is a large eighteenth-century building always illuminated by the sunlight, which overlooks the garden enriched by ancient trees and a tennis court. On the ground floor, a large veranda welcomes the guests in every season. The billiards room has in it a great library, and the historic frescoed[…]

Read More

VILLA VITTADINI MANDELLI, PARRAVICINO D’ERBA (CO)

This edifice, situated on a hillside overlooking Lake Alserio in the lake country of the highlands of Brienza, is comprised of a seventeenth-century central building, one of the so-called “Villas of Delight” typical of the era in Lombardy, to which an eighteenth-century neoclassical wing was later added. The gardens, known[…]

Read More

VILLA WENNER, SALERNO

Since the end of the XIX century Villa Wenner was the Wenner’s home, who founded the textile industry in the Irno valley. Don Alberto Wenner built it in 1862 on the public soil of Pellezzano in the area that is still named “Villini Svizzeri” (Swiss Villas). In the same area[…]

Read More

VILLA ZERBI, TAURIANOVA (RC)

Villa Zerbi was built in 1786 and designed by Filippo Frangipane, an architect from Vibo Valentia, an Italian province formerly known as Montenapoleone.  The villa’s elegant facade with its grey granite gate and pronounced lesene is representative of the late Baroque period. The wrought iron balustrade’s volute, which is supported[…]

Read More

VILLETTA PALLAVICINI, GALLICANO (ROMA)

In 1669, Prince Giovan Battista Rospigliosi bought the Castles of Gallicano and Colonna along with the whole state of Zagarolo from the Ludovisi family. The following year, by marrying Maria Camilla, niece of Cardinal Lazzaro Pallavicini, he inherited the title, coat of arms and name.On the 29th of March 1729,[…]

Read More