JERÓNIMOS HOUSE, MADRID

The name of the house derives from the district it is located in, in the centre of Madrid. It is a quite big and well oriented flat situated in a 20th-century building. The luminosity of its spaces makes it an ideal place where to study. The house has also an upright[…]

Read More

KLEIN LEEUWENHORST, NOORDWIJK (SOUTH HOLLAND)

Klein Leeuwenhorst is located in the seaside village of Noordwijk, near Amsterdam. The history of Leeuwenhorst started in 1261, when Arent van Alkemade, priest in Haarlem, and his brother Alewijn established a Cistercian’s monastery. The abbey expanded in 1287 and built a chapel dedicated to Saint Michael in 1350. The[…]

Read More

LA CHAPELLE, CLAIREFONTAINE EN YVELINES (ÎLE-DE-FRANCE)

Clairefontaine is a municipality part of the Natural Park of the Chevreuse Valley, distant 8 km from the Rambouillet Castle, less than a hour from Paris, close to the National Football Centre Clairefontaine (CNF) and to the Pernod Ricard University. In the XII century, the Abbey of Notre-Dame-de-Clairefontaine was founded by[…]

Read More

LA ROSA DE LOS VIENTOS, SANTANDER

The building is facing the bay of Santander and was built in 1890s, right in front of the Santander Yacht Club, very near to the Botin Center, on the same street. In this building the great grandmother, the grandfather and the father of the current owner were born.It is located[…]

Read More

LE GRAND MELLO, MELLO (HAUTS-DE-FRANCE)

These two castles, looking at each other have been built in different times : The first one is a Fortress whom first foundations date from the 9th century. It’s been then transformed in the XV and XVIII th century. The other castle is the Princess castle, named after the daughter of the[…]

Read More

LEISTON ABBEY, LEISTON (SUFFOLK)

Leiston Abbey is one of Suffolk’s most impressive monastic ruins and has some spectacular architectural features. It was founded in 1182 by Ranulf de Glanville, King Henry II’s Chief Justiciar, and was dedicated to St. Mary. The abbey was home to Augustinian canons who followed the Premonstratensian rule. After the[…]

Read More

MAGAZZINO MUSICA (MAMU), MILAN

Magazzino Musica is a large room dedicated to classical music, located in Milan, in a welcoming interior courtyard in the Porta Romana area. It is an independent bookshop and a musical instruments shop which also houses the lutherie workshop of Stefano Gibertoni and Valerio Nalin. Above all, it is a[…]

Read More

MAISON DE L’ITALIE, PARIS

Maison de l’Italie is a university house, hosting professors, researchers and students from all over the world. Funds for the construction of Maison de l’Italie were raised in large part by the Italian senator Enrico Falck, president of the Committee for the Italian Students House in Paris.  The house was[…]

Read More

MANOIR DE SOISAY, BELFORÊT-EN-PERCHE (NORMANDY)

Soisay manor was built by François du Grenier around 1530. The manor house remained in his family until September of 1600, when it was sold to Anselme de Fontenay. Anselme de Fontenay and his wife Marie de la Martelière undertook major works to extend and embellish the manor for themselves[…]

Read More

ORANGERIE DE LANNIRON, QUIMPER (BRITTANY)

Situated on the West Coast of Brittany, this former summer palace of the Bishops of Quimper is a wonderful 38-hectare oasis of parks and gardens on the banks of the Odet river. This extraordinary place will delight lovers of nature (sea, birds, wildlife, fishing and gardens) and seduce fans of[…]

Read More