Le Dimore del Quartetto

VILLA SELVATICO DA PORTO, CODIVERNO DI VIGONZA (PD)

Categories , ,

Villa Selvatico da Porto was probably built between the end of the 1400s and the beginning of the 1500s, and is a patrician country residence, where the nobles used to stay during the summer “villeggiatura” and for the control of the agricultural estates. There is no certain information on who commissioned the villa, probably a noble Paduan family, which over time was relieved by the Venetian noble family Selvatico who in 1792, as a plaque on the north facade, promoted a restoration that embellished the Villa to current forms, and added other smaller buildings to agricultural use.
The architecture of the building is typical of many Venetian Villas, with a master building set on a double symmetry, with two identical sober and elegant facades, softened by arched portals surmounted by original masks. On the ground floor and on the first floor large central halls cross it from north to south, flanked by smaller rooms.
The Villa, for a long time belonged to the Selvatico family, belongs since 1951 to the da Porto family, originally from Vicenza. Following an accurate restoration in recent years, the villa now offers accommodation in 6 independent and fully equipped apartments, all surrounded by a large garden (3 hectares), in which there is also a beautiful outdoor pool running in the summer season.
The proximity to Padua and Venice make it an ideal place for those wishing to carry out cultural tourism in the Veneto Region.