Le Dimore del Quartetto

VILLA POGGIO LIETO, FIESOLE (FI)

Categories , ,

The Villa Poggio Lieto, located in Fiesole on Via del Salviatino 17, sits on a ridge overlooking Fiesole to the west and a valley leading to Settignano to the east.
Its first inhabitant, in the mid 1400s, was a certain Tommaso De’ Medici. The villa then passed through various hands and was subject to numerous modifications. It eventually became the property of the Bellini delle Stelle family at the end of the 18th century, who undertook an important renovation project on the house during the era in which Florence was the capital of Italy, giving it the aesthetic still visible today as a compact villa surrounded by terraced plots of land in the Italian garden style including a vegetable garden and fruit grove. In 1923 the house was acquired by the Marzotto Caotorta family, together with the nearby farmhouse and surrounding fields.