Palazzo Marescalchi Belli, a noteworthy construction dating back to the beginning of the 20th century, was designed by the architect Felice Nori and numbers among the aristocratic buildings of the Rione Campo Marzio, one the oldest areas of the city. The basement of the building houses the beautiful San Gregorio dei Muratori church (entrance from Via Leccosa), which used to be the oratory of a bigger church by the same name that no longer exists. The church and oratory had been commissioned in 1527 by the Confraternita dei Muratori (Brotherhood of Masons) and were dedicated to their patron Saint, Gregory the Great.
“Fontana più Stella House” (Fountain plus Star) offers accommodation in the heart of the historical centre of Rome, a stone-throw away from the Ara Pacis and only a short walk away from the Spanish Steps. The name Fontana più Stella was inspired by the Fontana Del Navigante (Sailor’s Fountain), the lighthouse of the Old Porto di Ripetta (Ripetta Old Port) that stands in front of the building and which is currently undergoing restoration. The apartments are on the last floor of the Palazzo Marescalchi Belli, from which it is possible to enjoy an unparalleled view on the city and Tiber River.