The Pianciano property, 12 km from Spoleto, extends through olive groves – resembling an antique lace cloth – which dates back to the XVII century. At the far end stands the seventeenth century Villa Paradiso di Pianciano, shrouded in the quietness of century-old cypresses and, across the valley, the medieval Pianciano borgo. In the early XVII century, the Pianciani – among the most important families in Umbria – were granted building permissions for Villa Paradiso to be constructed on some roman and medieval remains along Via della Spina, a major arterial road connecting Rome to Marche and the Adriatic sea which has been used since Etruscan and ancient Roman times. The Villa became one of the family’s summer residences for the following centuries. In 1911, once the Pianciani family was extinct, Villa Paradiso and its vast agricultural estate were bought by the Bachetoni Rossi Vaccari family, the present owners. In 1970, the Villa’s restoration was supervised by the architect Tomaso Buzzi who designed the octagonal opening in the ceiling of the ballroom.
Traditionally an olive-oil producing region, this property is perfectly integrated in Umbria’s extraordinarily rich culture. Villa Paradiso and Borgo di Pianciano are both home to the peacefulness and traditional charm that Umbria has been offering its visitors for centuries.