Villa Valmarana ai Nani is composed of three buildings, the Palazzina (Owners’ Residence) built in 1669, the Foresteria (Guest-House) and the Scuderia (Stables) built in 1720. They are embraced by a large historical park with rose gardens, a “giardino all’italiana” with its open air theatre and well, a double hornbeams alley terminating with a statue of Neptune.
The Villa takes its name from the statues of the 17 stone dwarfs, originally placed in the garden, now on the walls surrounding the house and which inspired the Villa’s legend of Princess Layana. The dwarfs were probably sculpted by Francesco Uliaco, most likely from the drawings by Giandomenico Tiepolo.
The Palazzina and the Foresteria are frescoed by Giambattista and Giandomenico Tiepolo, hired in 1757 by Giustino Valmarana.
The Valmarana family still lives in the Villa, which is universally considered the highest expression of the painting of the eighteenth century and one of the highest examples of the Tiepolo’s genius.
The concerts will take place in the Foresteria’s main hall.