August 26 – 31 2021, Faenza (RA)
FILIPPO NICOSIA AWARD
The application deadline is August 15th, 2021.
On the occasion of M° Simone Gramaglia masterclass in the framework of XVIII International “Marco Allegri” International Course, the Filippo Nicosia Award will be assigned to the best ensemble from the participants.
Promoted by the Musical Association IN MUSICA VERITAS, this International Scholarship for young string quartets and chamber ensembles is established as an homage to a special man.
As the Consul General of Italy in Chongqing and simply as a cultured man who loved music, Filippo was always able to recognize true musical talent, supporting and promoting it with great enthusiasm. His entire life stands as a testimony of the fact that one can pursue great things and reach prestigious heights, without losing one’s humanity.
May he serve as an inspiration for all young people dedicated to the study of Chamber Music: an example of the values of diligence, tenacity, strength of character, intelligence and sensitivity that are crucial for building a successful career.
Thanks to this scholarship, Filippo can continue adding his precious contribution to the world of Music and to the lives of many young performers.
The award consists of:
- A cash prize
- Two concerts offered by Fondazione Gioventù Musicale d’Italia in 2022/2023
- A concert with Simone Gramaglia (Quartetto di Cremona) planned for autumn 2021 in Milan in collaboration withLe Dimore del Quartetto
- A Portrait of the winning ensemble
offered by ArchiMagazine
- Set of strings for each member of the winning ensemble offered by Thomastik-Infeld, Vienna
- Casa Ricordi will award the winning ensemble with a selection of ten works from the Ricordi catalogue of chamber music, up to 4 instruments. The catalogue is
available online at musicshopeurope.com
- The masterclass will be supported by nkoda, which will offer a 1-year subscription to the digital sheet music library to all the ensembles attending the selection for the scholarship. nkoda, which is available for laptop, tablet and mobile device, includes editions from Ricordi and Universal Music
Publishing Classical catalogues, along with works from over 130 publishing houses across the world