EX CORDE MONTIS, FLORENCE

This elegant Umbertine residence was built in the period during which the Italian capital was transferred from Turin to Florence. The house overlooks the new Viale dei Colli that connects the city to the panoramic viewpoint of Piazzale Michelangiolo.Sober and majestic, the house was built for a German businessman who[…]

Read More

FARMACIA DEGLI INCURABILI, NAPLES

One of the most beautiful examples of the encounter between science and art is the historical Farmacia degli Incurabili, which is also remarkable as the best preserved hospital pharmacy of the old Realm. Artistically the pharmacy is an unsurpassed masterpiece of Baroque-Rococo style. From a historical perspective, the pharmacy gives[…]

Read More

FATTORIA MANSI BERNARDINI, LUCCA

The land of Fattoria Mansi Bernardini is located on the hills on the North of Lucca, close to the small town of Segromigno in Monte, Tuscany. The Fattoria is composed of Villa Bernardini and the old barn that has recently been turned into a modern house with wide rooms. The[…]

Read More

FONDAZIONE GIORGIO CINI, VENEZIA

The Fondazione Giorgio Cini is a non-profit cultural institution based in Venice, Italy. It was founded by Vittorio Cini in memory of his son Giorgio, with the aim of restoring the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore (devastated after 150 years of military occupation) and of creating an international cultural centre that[…]

Read More

FONDAZIONE UGO DA COMO, LONATO DEL GARDA (BS)

The Foundation Ugo da Como was founded thanks to a Royal Decree in 1942 by the Senator Ugo Da Como (1869-1941). It is today a private institution entirely open to the public. Its aim is to “promote and encourage the studies, to inspire love for them in the new generation”[…]

Read More

FOUNDATION FRISON HORTA, BRUSSELS

Built in 1894, Foundation Frison Horta sits in the Middle of Rue Lebeau which skirts Neo-Renaissance and Neo-Gothic Mansions all around it, looking like a Neo-Renaissance Turret. It is a House of Nature & Light with Flora & Fauna Engulfing the whole House. It is the only Horta house in the Historical[…]

Read More

FORESTERIA DI VILLA VALMARANA AI NANI, VICENZA

Villa Valmarana ai Nani is composed of three buildings, the Palazzina (Owners’ Residence) built in 1669, the Foresteria (Guest-House) and the Scuderia (Stables) built in 1720. They are embraced by a large historical park with rose gardens, a “giardino all’italiana” with its open air theatre and well, a double hornbeams[…]

Read More

FRASSANELLE, ROVOLON (PD)

The Frassanelle park extends for more than 60 hectares at the foot of the northern offshoots of the Euganean Hills Regional Park, halfway between the cities of Padua and Vicenza. Its strategic position, very close to the main communication routes, makes it an excellent starting point to visit all the beauties of the Veneto region,[…]

Read More

HILTON PARK, CLONES (MONAGHAN COUNTY)

There has been a house at Hilton Park since the early 17th Century. When Samuel Madden purchased the estate for his third son in 1734, he built a house incorporating the original building. In 1803 a servant, answering a call of nature or the bell to lunch, history does not[…]

Read More

HÔTEL DE LA ROCHE, MONS (HAINAUT)

  The town house was built following the Parisian model, i.e between courtyard and garden, on land originally occupied by three houses bought in 1750 by Pierre-Joseph de la Roche, the new legal counsel of the city, that he demolished. The architectural concept was directly inspired by the greatest contemporary[…]

Read More