KÁROLYI KASTÉLY, FEHÉRVÁRCSURGÓ (HUNGARY)

The stately home was built in Fehérvárcsurgó (Hungary) between 1844 and 1850 by Count George Károlyi in neo-classical style. The architect was the Austrian Heinrich Koch, assisted by the young Miklós Ybl, who later became one of greatest Hungarian architects of the century. It underwent major refurbishing in 1910s, when[…]

Read More

KLEIN LEEUWENHORST, NOORDWIJK (SOUTH HOLLAND)

Klein Leeuwenhorst is located in the seaside village of Noordwijk, near Amsterdam. The history of Leeuwenhorst started in 1261, when Arent van Alkemade, priest in Haarlem, and his brother Alewijn established a Cistercian’s monastery. The abbey expanded in 1287 and built a chapel dedicated to Saint Michael in 1350. The[…]

Read More

LA CHAPELLE, CLAIREFONTAINE EN YVELINES (ÎLE-DE-FRANCE)

Clairefontaine is a municipality part of the Natural Park of the Chevreuse Valley, distant 8 km from the Rambouillet Castle, less than a hour from Paris, close to the National Football Centre Clairefontaine (CNF) and to the Pernod Ricard University. In the XII century, the Abbey of Notre-Dame-de-Clairefontaine was founded by[…]

Read More

LA ROSA DE LOS VIENTOS, SANTANDER

The building is facing the bay of Santander and was built in 1890s, right in front of the Santander Yacht Club, very near to the Botin Center, on the same street. In this building the great grandmother, the grandfather and the father of the current owner were born.It is located[…]

Read More

LAS LOMAS HOUSE, BOADILLA DEL MONTE (MADRID)

Las Lomas House is in the area of Boadilla del Monte, where the XVIII century Royal Palace of the Prince Luis de Borbon is situated and whose hunting grounds are now a national park. The House is located very near the park and the palace. The interesting thing about the[…]

Read More

LE GRAND MELLO, MELLO (HAUTS-DE-FRANCE)

These two castles, looking at each other have been built in different times : The first one is a Fortress whom first foundations date from the 9th century. It’s been then transformed in the XV and XVIII th century. The other castle is the Princess castle, named after the daughter of the[…]

Read More

LEISTON ABBEY, LEISTON (SUFFOLK)

Leiston Abbey is one of Suffolk’s most impressive monastic ruins and has some spectacular architectural features. It was founded in 1182 by Ranulf de Glanville, King Henry II’s Chief Justiciar, and was dedicated to St. Mary. The abbey was home to Augustinian canons who followed the Premonstratensian rule. After the[…]

Read More

MAISON DE L’ITALIE, PARIS

Maison de l’Italie is a university house, hosting professors, researchers and students from all over the world. Funds for the construction of Maison de l’Italie were raised in large part by the Italian senator Enrico Falck, president of the Committee for the Italian Students House in Paris.  The house was[…]

Read More

MAISON DU MEXIQUE, PARIS

La Maison du Mexique is a student’s residence located at the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris (CiuP), it hosts postgraduate students enrolled in a higher education institution in the Paris region recognized by the French government. Located next to the Maison Internationale, la Maison du Mexique was the 25th to[…]

Read More

MANOIR DE SOISAY, BELFORÊT-EN-PERCHE (NORMANDY)

Soisay manor was built by François du Grenier around 1530. The manor house remained in his family until September of 1600, when it was sold to Anselme de Fontenay. Anselme de Fontenay and his wife Marie de la Martelière undertook major works to extend and embellish the manor for themselves[…]

Read More