Villa Zerbi was built in 1786 and designed by Filippo Frangipane, an architect from Vibo Valentia, an Italian province formerly known as Montenapoleone. The villa’s elegant facade with its grey granite gate and pronounced lesene is representative of the late Baroque period. The wrought iron balustrade’s volute, which is supported by stone masks, reflects the commitment of the Calabrian craftsmen and stonecutters after the 1783 earthquake.
In 2002, Villa Zerbi was renovated by Natale Zerbi in full compliance with the regulations promulgated by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism. Villa Zerbi is often listed as very relevant Italian historic houses.