The Château de Saint Loup, built between 1845 and 1848, was designed by Louis Visconti, who was “l’architect de l’empereur” , the architect of the emperor, and with its park is classified “Monument Historique”, the French national trust, by the French government.
The house is situated in a 25 hectare park in the countryside of the Nièvre, department of the Burgundy. The interiour is well preserved so all original details and ornementations are still in place. The former “salle de reception”, the banquet hall, is now the music room and available for rehearsals and study. It is about 60 square meters with wooden floor and tapistry walls and has a height of 4, 50 meters. Furthermore the room is equipped with a Steinway D 1960.
From 2015, the owners have been hosting all sorts of ensembles.