Le Dimore del Quartetto


Categories , ,

Château de Lassus is a historic castle, located on the banks of the Ourthe, in Lassus, about 1.5 km upstream from Harmoir. The ‘building is surrounded by a beautiful park, which allows visitors to come into direct contact with nature; an authentic, peaceful, isolated and regenerating place.
The oldest part of the castle is a keep with a small tower attached, built in the early 14th century. The keep, once crenellated, now has a roof.
For a long time the castle was owned by the Maillen family, hereditary mayors of Hamoir.
During the 18th century, the building was completely renovated in the Louis XIV style, the most visible part of which today is the elegant pediment on the edge of the Ourthe.
In 1897, the castle changed hands, the latter undertaking major alterations, adding a large tower and almost doubling the volume of the building.
The Stables and barns, today including a courtyard, are original parts of the building.