Le Dimore del Quartetto


Categories , ,

The first historical record of this Castello comes from the tenth century with the beginning of the settlement and fortification of the town. Around the year 1000 the Castello consisted only of the Torre dei Normanni watchtower, which dominated Campolattaro from 1043 to 1139 as a defensive fortification for the surrounding areas.
The real construction of the Castello proper began in the 13th century and from that period on, the property passed through numerous owners. The Palatine chapel was built in 1500.
Today the Castello is private property and runs as a bed and breakfast, with tours available by appointment.