Le Dimore del Quartetto enhances the historical and artistic heritage in collaboration with:
Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane was founded in Rome on March 4th, 1977, following the example of similar associations already operating in other European countries.
It was built up thanks to the commitment and passion of some faithful owners which are custodians of this important historical and artistic heritage. For 40 years ASDI has been working facilitating conservation, enhancing and managing historic houses.
- Favors consulting and legal, administrative, fiscal and technical assistance to its members for the purpose of safeguarding, preserving, enhancing and managing historic homes;
- Maintains relations with the competent public bodies;
- Collaborates with similar national and international associations, in particular with European ones having similar purposes and is a member of the EHH (European Historic Houses);
- promotes studies, research and initiatives aimed at achieving social goals;
- Works for proposing a more adequate European and national legislative system
- Through the portal and thanks to the hospitality provided in the most prestigious historic houses open to the public, ADSI promotes cultural tourism of excellence.
Consulted by the European Commission and the European Council, the European Historic Houses Association is an umbrella organisation gathering 22 national associations of historic houses and 2 observer countries.
The Association is the voice, at the European level, of about 50,000 European historic houses to the institutions, the politicians, the medias and the enterprises. Its aims are:
- To promote European cooperation regarding the conservation of historic houses and gardens;
- To provide a platform for the exchange of information and support for national historic house associations;
- To promote interest in the historical, aesthetic, educational, environmental, economic and social aspects of historic houses and gardens;
- To promote the extension and improvement of current historic houses, parks, gardens and estates to enable society as a whole to enjoy their attractions, beauty and story.
The Association plans numerous activities and special events to highlight the contribution of family-owned heritage houses
Since its founding in 1975, FAI has drawn inspiration from the National Trust for England, Wales & Northern Ireland, with the aim of safeguarding and enhancing Italian heritage, FAI takes care of 57 special places in Italy for the benefit of present and future generations of which 35 are open to the public: villas and castles, houses and abbeys, towers and gardens in addition to seabays, mountains, valleys and woods. Promotes education, appreciation, awareness and enjoyment of the Nation’s environmental, natural, historic and artistic heritage. Monitors the protection of Italy’s natural and cultural assets, in the spirit of article 9 of the Italian Constitution (The Italian Republic promotes the development of culture and of scientific and technical research. It protects the landscape and the historical and artistic heritage of the Nation)
The Fondazione Giorgio Cini was created in 1951 by Vittorio Cini to commemorate his son Giorgio, who had died tragically in an air crash in 1949. The Foundation is the earliest example in Italy of a private organization whose principal aims included humanistic studies at a time when collective interest was focused on economics, science, and technology. Vittorio Cini made his Foundation an heir to a centuries-old tradition of the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore: he gave it the historical role and vocation of the monastery whose legacy he wished to perpetuate. Today the Fondazione Giorgio Cini is an internationally recognized cultural institution which continues to draw inspiration from its original vocation and at the same time plays a leading role as a center for studies and a venue for meetings and debate on current issues.
The Asociación de Propietarios de Casas Históricas y Singulares was bord in Spain in 1994 with the aim to group together the owners of historic houses so to promote and preserve them.
Since its foundation, this association is part of the European Historic Houses Association.